Keeping Cats & Dogs Well with Pet Exams
in Madison, WI
Your pet ages far faster than you do, which means problems can develop faster, too. At Petcare Animal Hospital in Madison, WI, we recommend annual and sometimes semi-annual pet exams in order to stay on top of your pet’s health. With routine vet visits, we’ll be able to catch problems early and treat them before they progress into a more advanced (and harder to treat) stage.
KEEP YOUR CAT OR DOG IN GOOD HEALTH THEIR WHOLE LIVES
with routine pet exams!
…or give us a call at 608-833-6585
- Nose-to-tail physical exam
- Dental exam
- Weight check and body condition score
- Fecal exam (to check for intestinal parasites)
- Vaccinations, if due for boosters
- Heartworm testing (for dogs)
- Urinalysis (to check bladder and kidney health)
- Discussion of parasite prevention
- Age-appropriate bloodwork
- Behavioral counseling (to address minor behavioral problems)
- Nutritional counseling (to address obesity and nutritional issues)
The Importance of
Parasite Prevention in Madison, WI
Parasites are a serious problem for our pets. Not only do they cause irritation and discomfort, but they can also cause disease. Fleas, ticks, and heartworms are the three most common parasites our pets face, but intestinal parasites can be a big problem too. Many flea, tick, and heartworm prevention products also prevent intestinal parasites so your cat or dog has complete coverage. Despite our cold winters, year-round parasite prevention is essential!
Here’s why you need to keep up with parasite prevention year-round:
Fleas are notoriously hard to get rid of. They often lay their larvae in your pet’s bed, your carpet and rugs, your curtains, and even underneath your floor boards. With so many places to shelter in your home, these critters are a problem all year long.
- INTESTINAL PARASITES